Kyowa Kirin Cares is a program with dedicated specialists and case managers who can connect patients and caregivers to the support they need. From help with navigating financial options to ongoing and personalized support throughout your journey with POTELIGEO, we are here every step of the way.
Your dedicated specialist or case manager can help you with ongoing support
Questions about POTELIGEO
Questions about the infusion process
External resources with more information, if needed
Staying on top of your infusion schedule
Information provided by a dedicated specialist or case manager is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. It is not intended to replace a discussion between you and your healthcare provider. All decisions regarding your care must be made by your healthcare provider.
Call 833-KK-CARES (833-552-2737)(833-552-2737), Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 8 PM ET,
to speak with a Kyowa Kirin Cares specialist.
Get help with access and reimbursement
- Receive assistance navigating access and reimbursement options for POTELIGEO
- POTELIGEO can be made available for patients with or without insurance
If you have commercial insurance, you may be eligible to receive copay assistance. Review the terms and conditions to learn if you qualifya,b
If you have government or military insurance, a dedicated specialist or case manager will be able to walk you through all available financial optionsc
If you do not have insurance, you may be eligible for a patient assistance program. Review the terms and conditions to learn if you qualifyd
- aPatients must be US residents with an active primary commercial plan; patients with federal or state government insurance such as Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare are not eligible for copay assistance. Other terms and conditions may apply.
- bCommercially insured patients do not need to participate in Kyowa Kirin Cares to be eligible for copay assistance.
- cSelect government- and military-insured patients who are experiencing financial and/or medical hardship may be eligible to receive assistance through a patient assistance program. Kyowa Kirin recognizes that exceptions need to be made based on a patient’s individual circumstances. If a patient does not meet the coverage criteria and there are special circumstances of financial and/or medical hardship that apply to their situation, they can request that an exception be made for them.
- dPatients must be US residents with no active medical or pharmacy benefit insurance and an annual gross income ≤400% of the federal poverty level, confirmed by electronic income verification response or documented proof of income.